Luambe National Park
Situated between the larger Lukusuzi, and North and South Luangwa National Parks, offers a tranquil, unspoiled safari experience away from the usual tourist routes. Ideal for those seeking a private, serene encounter with nature, the park boasts diverse habitats and increasing populations of elephant, lion, leopard, and over 200 bird species. It's a perfect destination for small groups, families, and photographers and remains unchanged.
Luambe National Park
- Explore the diverse habitats, from riverine forests to cathedral mopane woodlands.
- Spot a wide range of wildlife, including large herbivores, carnivores, and lesser-known species.
- Experience the Luangwa Valley as it once was – remote, wild, and undisturbed.
- Witness the increasing populations of iconic African wildlife.
- Enjoy exclusive game drive sightings, great beds and homestyle dining, with Luambe Camp as the only safari camp in the park
Immerse Yourself in Exclusive Safari Activities
Luambe offers a unique safari experience, with its wildlife present at lower densities compared to larger parks. This means fewer crowds and more private wildlife encounters. The park's varied ecosystems range from the open grasslands of Chipuka Plains to dense acacia thickets, providing a haven for an array of habitat diversity and bird species, including over 200 bird species. The increasing populations of elephants, lions, and leopards make its entire park an increasingly attractive destination.
Things to do in Luambe National Park
- Embark on secluded game drives, often without encountering another vehicle.
- Track wildlife on foot from the beaten track, following sounds like baboon alarm calls for an exhilarating experience.
- Photograph unique wildlife, including participating in the mammal census through facial recognition of lions and leopards.
- Witness the stunning spectacle of carmine bee-eaters between September and October.
- Sleep under the stars on the banks of the Luangwa River, enjoying unique bush dining experiences
Best Time to Visit
For the best wildlife viewing experience, plan your visit to Luambe during the dry season, specifically from May to October. This time aligns with the peak of the safari season and offers excellent chances to witness animals gathering around the rivers and lagoons, creating an unforgettable wildlife spectacle. It's worth noting that Luambe National Park functions as a seasonal safari destination from May to October, underscoring the importance of this timeframe for experiencing the park's natural wonders.