South Luangwa National Park
South Luangwa is one of the greatest national parks in Southern africa. It is filled with grass plains and woodlands including the Luangwa River. This River is the life blood for the park which is the home of the African night game drives and has one of Africa's largest elephant concentrations. , where you can spot endemic species to this region like the Thornicroft's giraffe, Cookson's wildebeest and Crawshay's zebra . South Luangwa Safari is peaceful with spectacular nature for solo women travelers. Not only for women but also for family tourm you will have safe guided travel in game-rich South Luangwa National Park.
This Africa's greatest wildlife sanctuary is situated in eastern Zambia and founded in 1904. It was one of three game reserves in 1938 and 9050 square kilometers and 500 m to 800 m above sea level. This game-rich park is the finest national park in the heart of pristine luangwa valley. South Luangwa is Africa’s last great wilderness and is the best place for everyone who loves nature and wildlife. People can enjoy the safari experience in your exhilarating walking tour together with your family and beloved ones.
For all honeymooners, there are also special packages at unfenced tented camps overlooking the Luangwa River. All couples enjoy the surrounding natural environment by tasting delicious food of Zambia that the park offers. You all can stay at the unique tented camps which are decorated with Natural fabric of Zambia. The colorful and lovely designs of fabric are favorite for women and youth.
South Luangwa National Park
- Come face-to-face with some of the world's most amazing animals, including lions, leopards, hyenas and wild dogs.
- Stay world-renowned safari accommodations where wildlife frequently visit.
- Find the largest hippo population in the world.
- An explosion of colors await you as rare bird species like the Yellow billed African spoonbills fly alongside migrant birds.
- Come closer to nature than you ever have before by walking side-by-side with the animals or driving through wide open plains
- Visit an awesome community project or laid-back village to meet the chill local people who love sharing their tales and customs
Things to do in South Luangwa Park
- Experience the walking safari and wildlife sightings by seeing the nature of South Luangwa Park
- Enjoy the guided- tour through the game-rich safari park which is one of the well known national parks
- Get the best experiences in Zambia’s flagship wildlife destination
- Buy the Zambia’s local products at the market
- Stay at the wonderful campsites on the other side of river
- Create your own African textile which is the iconic one in South Luangwa
- Meet the local people of South Laungwa who live in the traditional way
- Bird- watching around the Luangwa River
- Enjoy the canoe experience in South Luangwa River
- Support and participate the conservation activities in South Luangwa
Best Time to Visit
The dry and hot periods in South Luangwa National Park are very pronounced. April to October is the dry season through August is the hottest time for game concentration in South Luangwa national park. Rainy season is from November to April. During the high season, Many travelers do night drives and game viewing than during the rainy season.