is a registered charity run by a group of lodges. The aim is to help local communities improve their long-term economic prospects, whilst avoiding a negative impact on the environment and wildlife. Project Luangwa sponsors pupils and teacher training, Building and renovating classrooms, providing exercise books, furniture, teaching aids and text books, Building and populating school libraries.
Conservation South Luangwa
protects the future by employing over 80 full time staff, CSL’s success is Zambia-led conservation through employment, training and empowerment of communities. CSL focus is on anti-poaching patrols, aerial surveillance, human wildlife conflict mitigation and the K9 (CANINE) UNIT.
ZAMBIAN CARNIVORE PROGRAM
– Conserving large carnivores and the ecosystems they reside in through science, action and local leadership.
CHIPEMBELE WILDLIFE EDUCATION TRUST
– Teaching Zambian children and communities the value of wildlife and their environment so they may be conserved for future generations.
– Bringing clean, safe water to the remote communities of the Luangwa Valley.
– Numerous school projects are supported by various lodges in Luangwa Valley.
MFUWE FOOTBALL LEAGUE
– There are now 20 teams comprising about 400 boys (divided into under 12s and under 15s) that compete at weekends and a netball league for the girls, now reaching 16 teams. All grouped under the Mfuwe Sports Association. Malambo United now plays at provincial level and is member of the Football Association of Zambia. Emmanuel Mphasi, a goalkeeper was recruited to be part of Zambia’s U17 team which won the COSAFA Cup in 2016. Through Project Luangwa they are always on the lookout for sport supplies, jerseys, boots and balls.
RECYCLING & WASTE MANAGEMENT
– initiatives to develop local alternatives.
– Making bricks out of plastic bottles and general plastic waste. All the safari operators and other businesses are invited to bring their waste to George’s workshop and he processes it into bricks which are then used for decorative walls and sign posts. The Local ladies are involved in helping receive a benefit from the sales..